“Rescue dogs aren’t broken, they’ve simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human, we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write, the ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Don’t pity a rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness by your side”
every single dog
How to Adopt
Please read through the Adoption Process and Requirements for Adopting before submitting an application. Once you’ve thoroughly read through this information, an adoption application must be submitted before inquiring about a dog or being considered to adopt a dog from Who Rescued Who
Persons interested in adopting from Who Rescued Who must read the Requirements for Adopting. Within 24 hours of receipt of your application, an Adoptions Team member will respond to you via EMAIL with instructions on next steps in the application process. Please note that submitting an application is only the first step in our adoption process and does not qualify you as an approved adopter. There are several more steps to the process, including email communications, telephone conversations and more. We do our best to work with you as quickly and as smoothly as possible to determine whether or not the dog is a good match for your home.
*All applications are reviewed and considered on a case by case basis.
Requirements for Adopting
- We do require most of our adopters to have securely fenced yards. However, some of our dogs may be considered for homes with smaller enclosures (i.e. secure patios) and we do occasionally adopt to apartment-style homes or homes without fenced yards. All applicants are considered on a case by case basis and selection of dogs appropriate for these homes is often limited.
- Puppies will not be adopted to homes where they will be left alone for too many consecutive hours on a regular basis.
- All WRW dogs will be primarily inside dogs living as members of their family – no dogs will live strictly outside or in garages.
- No WRW dog will be kept on a chain at any time, for any reason.
- All WRW dogs will be provided with adequate fresh food and water, clean, dry shelter when outside, and daily exercise.
- All WRW dogs will be provided a safe collar with ID tags to be worn at all times.
- All adoptive families will obey all applicable laws governing control and custody of animals.
- All adoptive families will provide medical care as prescribed by their veterinarian including but not limited to; yearly exams, HEARTWORM PREVENTION, vaccinations and unscheduled treatment for any illness/injury.
- All WRW dogs will be adopted only as a personal companion and not as a gift, working animal or guard dog.
- All WRW dogs will be returned to WRW should it be necessary to find another home for the dog. No dog will be given away for any reason at any point in their lives.
- WRW assumes no responsibility nor shall they be held liable for any damages caused by the adopted animal to property, person or other pets. If any medical problems occur after adoption, WRW is not liable for medical bills.
- If you have other pets, they must be spayed or neutered if you adopt from WRW. As well, your other pets must be up to date on all vaccines and heartworm prevention.
- WRW’s primary goal is to place our dogs in permanent, loving homes. Please consider the many years of care and commitment when adopting a dog.
- To help ensure that we place our dogs in loving, responsible, and committed homes, we have an application and screening process. Who Rescued Who reserves the right to refuse any adoption.